Thanksgiving is two weeks away! Can you believe it? Me neither. My husband and I have been debating on what we want to do this year: cook our usual fair at home, or go out to eat. Well I just found out Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse and Wine Bar is hosting it’s first ever Thanksgiving dinner and my mind was made up. How can I resist a 4 course pre-fix meal for only $40? Plus no clean up! I can’t make the reservation fast enough.
Fleming’s is opening it’s doors for the first time on Thanksgiving at 11am at all 68 locations. But if you decide you want to go through the grind of cooking at home, they can help you there too. Well, at least with the leftovers. Executive Chef Russell Skall has created some Thanksgiving leftover recipes that will add a Fleming’s flair to your festivities. Take a look at the recipes below, then check out the information at the bottom of this page on how you can enter to win a $100 gift card to Fleming’s.
Fleming’s Turkey Fried Rice
Ingredients: 4 servings
- 2 Tbsp. sesame oil 1/2 ea. red pepper, 1/4” dice
- 1/4 ea. yellow onion 1/4” dice 2 small cloves garlic
- 2 ea. stalks green onions, 1/4” dice 1 1/2 cups cooked white or brown rice
- 4-5 oz. left-over turkey 1/2” dice 4 Tbsp. frozen peas, thawed
- 1 ea. large egg, beaten 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce Pinch black pepper
- Preparation Instructions:
- Heat sesame oil in a wok on high heat. Add red pepper, onion and rice and sauté for 5 minutes
- and the rice starts to get a bit crispy on the edges.
- Add garlic, green onions and diced turkey and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add peas and cook for 2 1/2 minutes tossing all well
- Make a well in the center of the wok and add the scrambled egg then stir until cooked breaking up into small pieces.
- Combine the soy sauce, Worcestershire and black pepper the stir into the rice cooking for 30 seconds.
Fleming’s Roasted Turkey Crepes
Filling Ingredients: 4 servings
- 2 Lbs. Turkey meat white & dark 3 oz. wt. Onion, 1/4” wide x 2” long julienne
- 6 oz. wt. Red pepper, 1/4” dice Button Mushrooms, 1/4″ wide slices
- 1/4 lb. Butter 1/4 lb. Flour
- 1 tsp. Kosher salt 1/2 tsp. White pepper
- 3 cups Turkey gravy or Chicken stock 2 cups Half & half
Filling Preparation Instructions:
- Remove the skin on the turkey then cut into 1/4″ wide x 1 1/2″-2″ long julienne strips.
- Remove the seeds and stem on the red pepper then cut the onion & pepper into julienne pieces.
- Cut the mushroom with the stem into 1/4″ wide slices.
- Melt the butter in a 1-gallon sauce pot set on high heat. Add all of the vegetables and sauté for 5-6 minutes.
- Add the flour and cook for 2 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium then add 1 cup of water, 2 1/2 cups reserved cooking liquid, 1 lb. of chicken demi, salt and pepper then cook for 1-2 minutes stirring often until very thick.
- Add the turkey gravy or chicken stock, half & half and cook for 4-5 minutes to a slightly thick sauce consistency.
- Add the turkey meat and cook for 2 minute. Place the mixture on a sheet pan to cool.
Sauce Ingredients: 4 servings
- 1 oz. Butter 1 oz. Onion minced
- 1 clove Garlic minced 1/2 cup White wine
- 2 1/2 cups heavy cream 1/2 tsp. chicken base
- 1/2 tsp. Tabasco 1/4 tsp. White pepper
- 1/4 tsp. Kosher salt 3 Tbsp. Grated parmesan cheese
Mornay Sauce Preparation Instructions:
- Melt butter in a 1-quart sauce pot on medium heat. Add onions and garlic then sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the white wine and cook to reduce by half.
- Add the heavy cream, chicken base, Tabasco, white pepper and salt. Cook on medium high heat to a sauce consistency about
- 8-10 minutes. Add the grated parmesan cheese and blend in with a wire whip.
- Strain the sauce into a storage container.
Ingredients: 4 servings
- 8 ea. Crepes local store 40 oz. wt. Turkey filling
- As needed Pan coating 2 cups Mornay sauce
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh herbs
- Place the brown side of the crepes face down on a table. Weight out 5oz. of the cold turkey filling and place lengthwise in the center of each crepe.
- Roll up the crepes and set on a sheet pan sprayed with pan coating. Bake in a 350° oven for 10 minutes to an internal temperature of 160°.
- Place 2 crepes side by side on each plate. Ladle 2 oz. Mornay sauce over the top of the crepes
- Garnish with chopped herbs
Fleming’s Roasted Turkey Quesadillas
Ingredients: 4 servings
- 4 ea. 10” Flour tortillas 4 oz. Cheddar cheese
- 4 oz. Añejo (or any white cheese) 1 ea. Red pepper 1/4” wide by 3” long julienne
- 1 ea. Yellow pepper 1/4” wide by 3” long julienne 4 oz. Onion1/4” wide by 3” long julienne
- 1/2 cup Black olives 8 oz. left-over turkey 1/2” diced
- 1 Bunch Fresh cilantro leaves picked As needed Pam food spray
- 1 cup Sour cream 1 Cup Guacamole
- 1 cup Salsa
- Place a large cast iron pan on medium heat. Prepare all of the ingredients prior to cooking
- Spray both sides of the tortillas with Pam. Cook on 1 side until lightly brown about 1 ½ minutes then flip over Immediately sprinkle 1/2 oz. of each cheese on tortilla (avoid letting cheese hit the pan)
- Divide the remaining ingredients into 4 portions then arrange all ingredients equally on the tortillas. Top with cilantro leaves and remaining cheese then fold the tortilla in half. Once golden brown transfer to a cutting board
- Repeat with remaining tortilla and ingredients. Cut each quesadilla into 4-5 pie shaped pieces. Serve with your favorite guacamole, sour cream and salsa.
Reservations are highly encouraged and you can do that here.
To enter the giveaway for a $100 gift card, just fill out the Rafflecopter form below by Nov. 15th. I’ll pick a winner at random and send you your gift card. Remember the more entries you have, the more chances you have to win! Good luck and Happy Thanksgiving!