If you’re like me then you like to kill two birds with one stone. Nothing feels as good saving time and money to make a memorable Christmas gift. That’s why when Reynolds Kitchens and Boxed.com reached out for a holiday partnership, my creative juices started overflowing.
Boxed.com is an online wholesale store with no membership fees and free delivery. It’s like Costco for people who don’t have time to go to Costco. Think of the convenience of buying in bulk without giving up your Saturday morning, cart-ramming people in the packed aisle. Now you can get all your bulk items delivered within a couple of days and – wait for it – free samples in every order! You don’t even have to miss out on samples, and frankly, why should you.
Reynolds Kitchen has partnered with Boxed.com to feature the new Reynolds Kitchens SmartGrid Parchment Paper. Do you know how great parchment paper is? You can literally use it for anything from baking salmon and cookies to creating crafts. You heard me! The built-in gridline pattern allows users to cut the paper to fit perfectly to fit any size baking sheet, evenly space cookies, and prevents food from sticking to the pan.
That brings me to my idea for the SmartGrid Parchment Paper. I decided to cut the paper into squares and wrap my Cinnamon Streusel Muffins as gifts for friends and co-workers! I thought it would give the gifts a sort of old fashioned feel. I tied it with a red ribbon and voila! A hipster gift that people would pay $4 in a coffee shop.
I learned by trial and error that using a bit more parchment paper, cutting a 4×4 square, pressing them into your muffin tins using a small coke can, and baking the muffins directly into the parchment paper yields the best results. You can see my finished product and, for my more creative friends, you can add more ribbons, write notes on the paper, or at tags with notes.
And if you love Cinnamon Streusel as much as I do, then here’s my recipe for the muffins! Any treat would work for the SmartGrid Parchment Paper so feel free to experiment with your own baked goodies. The main goal is to give them away and brighten someone’s day. The Reynolds Kitchen SmartGrid Parchment Paper is available at Boxed.com along with thousands of other products.
Cinnamon Streusel Muffins
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 2 cups (242 g) all purpose flour
- ½ cup (100 g) sugar
- ¼ cup (57 g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 mL) salt
- ¾ cup (177 mL) milk
- ½ cup (114 g) butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) vanilla
- 1 egg, beaten
Heat oven to 400°F
Combine flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a small bowl. Cut in butter with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs with some pea-sized pieces.
- Combine flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl. Make a well in center of the flour by pushing ingredients out toward sides of bowl.
- Combine milk, melted butter, vanilla, and egg in a medium bowl. Pour milk mixture into the flour mixture, and stir only until the flour is moistened even though the batter is not smooth. Scrape down sides of bowl.
- Divide batter into prepared muffin cups, filling them about 2/3 full. Sprinkle about 1 tablespoon of streusel over each muffin.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from muffin pan and place on cooling rack. Decorate with ribbon or tags and share with friends!
Hope you enjoyed this recipe/craft/gift idea for the holidays! Make sure you check out Boxed.com to get your Reynolds Kitchen SmartGrid Parchment Paper and all of the bulk items your heart desires.
Disclaimer: I was compensated for my honest review of this product. For more information please visit my disclaimers page.